Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Peer Collaborative Learning: A Vital Part to Becoming College Ready


  During the 2012 summer, students enrolled in University of Texas at Dallas- School of Interdisciplinary Studies’ College Readiness Initiative-STEM program participated in Dave Herman's Stand Up workshop. Inspired by the visuals presented during the workshop, students collaborated with each other to explore an array of social themes and presented their findings and opinions through creative powerpoints, poetry, and song. Below are what some students had to say about their experience in the Stand Up workshop:



"The Group Project with Mr. Dave was fun... 
and I loved the group creativity."



"The highlights of the second week would probably have to be when I attended the Stand Up session with Mr. Dave Herman. I was able to present the project created by a group member of mine and I was very fortunate to be in the group with such intelligent, creative minded people." 


 

 
"In this program, like in Mr. Dave’s class, I worked with people who I don't normally work with, but I still know them and we had lot of ideas and collaborated really well."




"One highlight... was the session with Mr. Dave Herman, where we presented our projects about the image we looked at with pennies, and had to interpret what they meant."

No comments:

Post a Comment